Alternative modes of travel are important elements to consider when developing a transportation network. Every vehicle trip begins and ends with a pedestrian trip: many recreational amenities include activities like hiking or mountain biking. Developing the connections to support these transportation choices is one of the priorities for the regional long-range transportation plan. This page provides links to information about the opportunities and challenges related to active transportation activities, like bicycling and walking.
- Sierra Vista Sidewalk Implementation Plan
- Sierra Vista Safe Bicycle & Pedestrian Routes Plan
- Active Transportation – Health Impact Assessment (HIA)
- FHWA: Metropolitan Pedestrian and Bicycle Planning Handbook
- 10 Bike-Friendly Business Tips
- Bicycle Parking